2.15.2009

Toxins in Breastmilk

This post is not to scare you from breastfeeding (please keep in mind that formula also has a number of toxins so DO NOT stop breastfeeding) but rather to increase your awareness on the extreme need to reduce chemicals and toxins in our environment. I being an avid breastfeeder found this very interesting and alarming! WOW! However, I firmly believe that the breast is best. It made me VERY happy that I do not use bleach and other highly toxic products in my home! Another reason to kick the chemicals out of your home! Bleach and other cleaners have dioxins that have been found in breastmilk and even umbilical cord blood. Why take chances on your health or the health of your love ones? Go GREEN not only for the environment globally but for your own household.

Toxins in Breastmilk-BabyCenter

Toxins in Breastmilk-Suite101

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful we got rid of all the toxic junk in our house before Noah was born - it is scary to think of the stuff that is out there and people believe to be safe just because it's sold in a supermarket...Great articles and info! Thanks!