10.28.2008

Reconsider...Just say NO to the Flu Shot!!!

The flu vaccine season is upon us. Another topic for discussion and informed consent related to your family's wellness.

I, personally, think that the flu shot is not necessary and actually detrimental to our health and wellness. Many venues instill a fear related to the "flu season" and endorse the flu shot as a means of giving us false peace of mind. The flu shot has many dangerous heavy metals along with antifreeze and other chemicals. In addition, the vaccine does not cover all strains of the flu...only a mere 3 that are "forecasted" to be the common strains for the year. There are many mutated forms of the virus and the chance of getting another form of the flu virus that is not in the vaccine is, as you can imagine, a great possibility. As in weather forecasting, it is any one's luck. Why take a chance with your health?

I may get much grief at work about refusing the flu shot, but I guess I have weighted the pros and cons of the situation. Here is another couple websites (one from the CDC) FYI. Enjoy!

Dr. Mercola:
Why I Never Get the Flu Shot
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC):
Selecting the Viruses for the Influenza (Flu) Vaccine

No comments: